Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stormy Weather

So - yeah. The whole graphic designer thing. I put feelers out when I wrote that last post, and I got a few very, very loose leads. Ultimately we decided to give the first person one more shot. We responded to the Malibu Barbie/Jamba Juice version - and reminded her of our original request - a remake of something she'd done for another couple. On August 31, I sent her a nice note that Eric wrote - because I was having trouble sounding nice - and two days later - we got a response saying that she couldn't work with us anymore. It wasn't financially sustainable for her as a small business to create two or more original profiles for a couple - and she needed to move on. Additionally, it wouldn't be professional of her to use the other couple's profile as a template - because that was created specifically for them. It wasn't a reflection of us. Ummm....okay. Seems like it would make her business a lot more financially sustainable if she did use templates. Bizarre.

Today I reached out to an acquaintance. Someone who is not a graphic designer for a living, but who - I accidentally found out in conversation with someone else - does do it as part of her job. So - she has taken it on - and will have something to us in the next ten days -if not by the end of the week.

Our home study is completely finished. We received an email early last week from our social worker asking us to proofread this eleven page single spaced document that describes everything from how we interact with each other to the layout of our home. It concludes with an endorsement for parenthood.

I feel like I've been whipped around the past few weeks. A lot of good things - but we've been on the outskirts of a lot of stormy weather, literally and figuratively. Some days closer to the eye than others.

Hope all of you are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment