Before noon Saturday, major progress had been made. The front bedroom had been painted an amazing shade of super calming pale, pale green called "Stolen Moments". AND we finished our photography session - new ones for our profile. The sun even came out early for us! I was so afraid the clouds wouldn't burn off, and we'd have a gloomy day.
True to form, I made my paint color decision in the last hour the store was open on Friday. I frantically called my friend Maria to use as a sounding board. Together we talked our way through the Benjamin Moore paint deck. Then she said, "Do they have the classic colors?" I ran over to that wall and looked at the greens. I started laughing at the name "Stolen Moments". Done. Choose color by name. When the color is exactly what you're looking for. Maria said - "Yeah, get a pint, try it."
"No," I told her. "Two gallons. I'm done."
Our home is babyproofed - more than it needs to be for the two adults living here - but outlets are covered, medicine is locked up, cleaners and knives are way up high, and fire extinguisher and carbon monoxide detector are in place. The fireplace screen should arrive Friday. Hopefully I'm here to sign for it.
We had our first visit with Juli the social worker today. She's very nice, and everything went well, but what freaked me out at first was that she drove ALL the way up our driveway and parked beside me (you know how I park parallel to the house?). It was weird. Then she waved at me through the kitchen window as I took my last bite of cereal and came right to the back door. Strange. I wouldn't think it was strange if any of you did that - but a first timer there to evaluate us? A little odd.
Anyway, Juli asked us tons of questions about stuff we'd already written in the home study paperwork, and then she and I looked around the house before I had my individual interview. She'll do the official home inspection with her checklist on Sunday when she comes back. It's a good thing, too, because my can of Magic Sizing was one shelf too low in the linen closet. I kid you not. Still about four and a half feet off the ground, but needs to go higher. No problem.
So - Juli will be back on Sunday for Eric's individual interview and the official home inspection. And - then we are done with the home study process. We just have to wait for everything to be finalized.
We got the proofs from our photo session on Saturday and definitely have some good ones to use for our profile - and the text is totally done for that. I'm thinking that will be live on the website for birthmoms in a week or so - and then - we coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment