Doesn't that just give you a warm, cozy feeling inside? When I got an email with that subject line from our home study agency, I think I aged at least one year. I thought - "Who did it? Me or Eric? What could it be? No child because of this?? There has to be a mistake!" Then the body of the email goes on to explain that one set of my prints had "Insufficient Pattern Area". Call me crazy - but I think that should have been the subject line. Now - after some very special securing of appointments in the strange little Armenian bungalow of security where we have this done - all should be well. I went first thing this morning to see the warden of prints - which was a good thing - because the rest of the day has been dedicated to profile production.
I have not left Eric's office all day - except to put a few paint swatches on the wall in the front room. I've been on the phone with the profile designer, discussing our first proof which we received Tuesday afternoon. The layout was great. I loved the font, the order, the way things were set up. The colors and template.... let's just say it was very Santa Fe retirement home - or maybe Barstow retirement home. It reminded me of these dishes Eric had before we got married. (No offense, E). Awful. And certainly not appealing on any level to a young person. Very strange. I sent her two folders of photos of things that I like or things that inspire me. There were photos of wildflowers that I'd taken (lavender ones), yellow calla lilies, my Anthropologie tablecloths, pictures of pink and green fabrics, oilcloth, a big red and white enamel cabinet in an antique store that I'd loved, a few rugs I liked, some tiles I liked the designs on, etc. You get the idea. Well, in the second folder - there were only three photos - and two out of three were sort of earthy - and I sent those for the graphic elements - not so much the color. She based her design only on those photos. Whoops. I should have said exactly what I liked about each photo, I guess. I've clarified now. On to take two! I'm hopeful :)
A photographer is coming on Saturday morning to take some more pictures of us. If anyone has advice about how to get into character at 8:30 in the morning - I'd like to hear it. I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to do. Frolic in the park? Garden? Make coffee? Pretend to go to brunch? Perhaps we shouldn't have pulled out the bougainvillea. The backyard is not much of a backdrop right now... heads up - we may stop into yours.
We'll already be up because we're having the front bedroom painted. It's light blue - but a shade of it I really don't like. And I don't want the social worker to think we're hoping for a boy. So - I'm going to get it into gender neutral form. Watch - it's going to end up being another shade of blue :) No - it will likely be a lovely shade of white. Maybe an accent wall will follow. or wallpaper.
We're also preparing the rest of the house for her inspection. I feel like a whirling dervish. The cleaning supplies are all way up high. Most medicines are hidden away in the lockbox (aka suitcase). I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to try to get the rest of the necessary supplies - fire extinguisher, outlet covers, and probably a baby gate or two. Yes, gates. The social worker mentioned that we should have the litter box gated. I guess we'll be prepared!
PS Fireplace screen ordered via Amazon. Fire extinguishers not available for shipping to our zip code. :( Haz mat.
Wish I had read about the fingerprints sooner; I could have reassured you! I used to do them at school, and the FBI prints seem to have more problems than the State of CA. At any rate, sounds like you're fine.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Alice. My new set should be accepted or rejected by the end of the month. :)
ReplyDelete