Monday, November 14, 2011

Feedback

Last Wednesday we received our first monthly "status report" from our case worker. We were seen by five birth mothers. I'll call them A, B, C, D, and E.

A, B, and C have chosen their top three families, but have not yet been officially matched. This could be because all the paperwork is not in place - or because the first choice family is still making their decision. We don't get notified if we are second or third choice until the first choice family says no.

D is matched and set up with her family.

E just got profiles to look through on 10/31 - and the adoption firm has not heard back from her about her choices.

That's it. Kind of anticlimactic.

A lot of you have asked if I'm anxious right now. No - because I don't really have anything crazy to do right now. Nothing weird or nit-picky like a profile or home study. Now we coast. Just chill and sleep and travel and go out and do whatever we want and enjoy our life together before it gets even better. Oh - and read like nine thousand baby books.

I know the baby books are meant to be thorough, but they can be such downers. If your baby won't eat, if your baby doesn't sleep, if your baby is yellow, if your baby is gassy, if your baby has reflux, don't use bumpers, don't use blankets, I could go on...

But then - two weeks ago - two of my friends had babies. Two little chunky mounds of wonderful. One I've not met in person yet, but the other - I was with her when she was just three hours old. And just the other day, she took a nice two hour long nap on me. That was perfection. THAT made me anxious for this process to speed up. I can't wait till I'm updating this blog with our little one moby wrapped to me.
http://www.mobywrap.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment