We've received the next draft of our parent profile - and it's not Barstow retirement home anymore - it's now Malibu Barbie. Way too cutesy and cluttered.
At the beginning of the design process, we told our designer about a profile she designed for someone else and said we wanted the exact same thing - just lighten up the colors. It's very sleek and sophisticated. Very clean lines. Modern. Not scrapbooky. They used three solid colors: green, black, and kind of a marbled ivory. I didn't like the green and black, so I said leave everything else - and switch those two colors out. I thought that would be easy enough to do. Apparently not. I'm not sure exactly what to say at this point. I think I may take the other couple's brochure and create a mock-up by taping our pictures and text onto theirs. That would be explicit enough, I hope.
This is the last thing to do before we have access to birthmoms - it's holding us back. I received the proof on Monday. I haven't responded at all. I've got to figure out how to communicate what we want. And if I haven't mentioned it before, the designer is in Madison, Wisconsin. Otherwise, I'd bake something and just go over to her office.
No comments:
Post a Comment